Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Pre-Race

GUEST BLOGGER: MOMMMY

Today was the day! Singlet and bib were ready to go. Went to bed early to get a good nights rest…was awake all night in anticipation of the big day! The day began bright and early at 4:45. Mark, Kris, and I were out of the house by 5:05! Headed into Boston to catch the bus that would take us out to Hopkinton.  073

You really get a sense of how long you will be running when the bus ride from Boston to Hopkinton takes close to an hour! It was a long bus ride. Nerves were pumping and I could have used a nap.   036

034

Once we got to Hopkinton…we waited and waited and waited. We arrived at 7:20 and we weren’t racing until 10:40! 038

 054

Sneakers laced and ready to go! 058

Marathon Divas! 059  Lets get this race on the ROAD!

064

I am ready to go!062

And so began the 115th running of the Boston Marathon! More pictures to come…of course. 069

No comments: